Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 3rd

Well, today is probably the most difficult for me yet...I need to get back to Seattle, but I hate leaving Daddy. Not that I don't believe he is in the best of hands and will have the best of care, but he's my daddy and right now he seems so helpless.

Today was just a so-so kind of day (at least before I left) - he worked out with the physical therapist, but then was so worn out he could barely keep his eyes open. Michael and Kara had come into town to see "PaPa" and they didn't get to see the side we have seen off and on over the past few days. He really just wanted to sleep.

While I was stuck in the Albuquerque airport, I spoke with Nelda and she said he was having a better evening. Laughing and talking to Tom Pauley...so that makes me feel better.

Watching the man you've always looked up to, and have always considered to be your protector and strength, basically lying helpless in a hospital bed is extremely difficult. But I know God is still in the business of miracles and healing AND through the skilled help of the medical providers at Harris Hospital, Fort Worth I believe he will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment